Join the Mobile Laboratory Coalition Conference attendees on Thursday July 27, 2017 for a one-day professional development opportunity open to elementary, middle and high school teachers interested in STEM disciplines! This event will take place at the Math and Science Learning Center located in the heart of Busch Campus at Rutgers University in Piscataway, New Jersey.
– A tour of the Outreach facilities at the Math and Science Learning Center
– Concurrent workshops exploring topics in STEM
– A Plenary Session featuring Andrew Yolleck from the successful off-Broadway performance “That Physics Show” in the Life Science Auditorium
– Join us for box lunches while touring mobile STEM labs that have revolutionized how students experience learning!
– Our day will conclude with a Poster Session and Networking Reception. Network with STEM professionals, seek advice, and share best practices.
– Attendees will leave with innovative ideas on how to engage students in STEM and learn about new resources that can help enhance their teaching curriculum.
Cost: $50.00 -The first 40 registered teachers are eligible for a $40 stipend check that will be provided at check-in if mailed in advance. Otherwise, checks will be mailed to your noted location
Registration fee includes:
- morning snacks
- Box lunch
- Lot 58 and 58A- look for the event parking signage
Questions? Contact Dr. Patty Irizarry at firstname.lastname@example.org
8:00-8:45 am Registration at the Math and Science Learning Center (MSLC)
8:45-9:00 am Welcome to the MSLC
9:10-10:00 am Concurrent Workshop Sessions
E: Dr. Carla Romney Science is Knowing What to Do When You Don’t Have an Answer: Planning and Carrying Out Investigations (PCOI)
F: Dr. Lauren Adamo Drilling into Science! A Petroleum and Oil Exploration
G: Michelle Ventura Soil Metagenomics: The Unseen World beneath Our Feet
10:20-11:00 am Program Introductions – Round Two at Life Science Atrium
11:00-12:00 am Plenary Session Andrew Yolleck “That Physics Show” (Life Science Auditorium)
12:00pm-2:00 pm Poster Session Set-up + Food Truck Lunch + Mobile Lab Tours
2:00-2:50pm Workshop Sessions
H: Catrice Carter Power to the People! An exploration about engineering design
I: William Jacobs Designing and Building a State-of-the-Art Mobile STEM Lab
J: Patrick Flanagan Become an ocean explorer! Join marine ecologists in their journey to protect our oceans
3:00-4:30pm Poster Session and Reception