The MLC Board of Directors is excited to announce the launch of the Instructor Exchange Program. Information about the program and how to apply is below. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
Thanks to funding from the NIH, the Mobile Laboratory Coalition is creating an instructor exchange program in order to support the development of new and emerging mobile lab programs that are within three years of teaching their first student. Established programs are also eligible if funds are available. The purpose of the exchange program is to allow an instructor to travel to an established program to attend a visit to a school or community event onboard the host’s mobile lab in order to experience how the curriculum is delivered, how classes are managed onboard a mobile lab, and learn about any other relevant aspects of the program’s operation. The application process will include two steps. A preliminary online application is required that lists the program to be visited and objectives for the visit. We encourage applicants to identify a host program and establish a general timeline for the visit before submitting the initial application. We will be happy to assist you in identifying a host program if needed. You will be notified within three weeks whether the initial application is approved. If your preliminary application is approved, you will be required to submit a detailed schedule and budget for the visit. Full applications will be reviewed quarterly (October, January, April and July) by the MLC Board of Directors.
- Applications must be submitted by a senior member of a program
- The program is intended to support instructor exchanges, but staff in other positions may be eligible with justification
- Applicants may also propose visits to programs that do not have a mobile lab but do have an onsite laboratories that host students and/or teachers
- The funds (up to $1200) can only be used to offset the costs of travel, lodging, and meals during the visit
- Staff from current MLC member programs will be given priority
- There is a maximum of one award per program per calendar year
- Visits should not exceed three days not including travel time
- At the annual conference following the instructor exchange, the instructor or staff member will be required to give a poster or workshop presentation on what they learned from the visit to the host program.
Please click here to access the preliminary application form.