Thursday, October 1, 2015, 12pm – 2:00 PM, The Gold Room – 2168 Rayburn
Please join the Mobile Laboratory Coalition on Thursday, October 1, 2015 for a congressional briefing lunch on STEM education.
The MLC is hosting this event to convene STEM professionals, educators and partners from across the country to learn about strategies to engage our next-generation STEM workforce through the development and dissemination of traveling laboratories and education programs.
Attendees will hear about how innovative mobile science laboratory programs can address the nation’s science education challenge by inspiring an appreciation and knowledge of science and scientific inquiry in K-12 students.
Speakers Mobile Laboratory Congressional Briefing on STEM Education
- Congressman Jeff Denham (R-CA) (tentative)
- Congresswoman Donna Edwards (D-MD)
- Brian Gaines – CEO, MdBio Foundation
- Congressman Steny Hoyer (D-MD)
- Dr. Amanda Jones – Director of the Science Education Department at Seattle Children’s Research Institute
- Michelle Laverty – Director of Ag in Motion, National Ag Science Center
- Congressman Jerry McNerney (D-CA)
- Dr. Mary Stapleton – Director of Bioscience Education and Outreach at Towson University
- Congressman Mark Takai (D-HI)
Please contact the event coordinator Alex Fabian with any questions or if you are interested in attending.